The goal of the Collaboration Challenges-call is to support cooperation projects between companies and research organizations in order to promote the development of new technologies, the business application of new ideas and techniques, and contribute to the creation of new products and services.
CHALLENGES-COLLABORATION The call is intended to stimulate through project financing, the generation of a critical mass in R & D necessary to advance the search for solutions in accordance with the priorities established in the interdisciplinary challenges, promote creation of innovative companies, direct the activity of existing companies into innovative activity, mobilize private investment, generate employment and improve the technological balance of the country and to strengthen the capacity for international leadership of the Spanish Science and Technology and Innovation its agents, helping to improve the competitiveness of the business.
1. The themes of the projects should be aligned with the priorities established in the Challenges facing the Challenges of the State Program Company R & D, as well as all complementary cross-cutting technologies that serve to develop and complete the content of Trials.
2. Proposals submitted must refer to a unique challenge to those specified in Annex I. Although the content of the project is capable of responding to more than one challenge, or have a transversal nature, must be chosen for one classification record ahead of their analysis and evaluation.
3. In case of allocation in the aid application with a challenge is not correct, a reallocation of office will be held at the Challenge selection process that is considered most appropriate.
4. aided projects of this call will be experimental development projects in the form of cooperative projects with the characteristics described in Article 2 meters) of the Order ECC / 1780/2013 of 30 September.
1. The following may be subcontracted those project activities that are part of the subsidized action but which can not be made by the beneficiary itself end be accredited in the specification
of the project.
2. The overall budget for the activity subcontracted by participant may not exceed 50% of the budget of the participant.
3. Where, for each beneficiary in the annuity considered entity with third concerted exceed 20 percent of the amount of aid granted and this amount exceeds 60,000 €, outsourcing is conditional upon that the contract be in writing , to be sent and previously authorized by the granting body.
The minimum project budget will be 500,000 euros.
1. Aid to finance the actions foreseen in this call will take the form of loan, repayable advance ERDF grant.
2. The aid, in whatever form, may be co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
3. The loans have the following characteristics:
a) Interest rate: To calculate the interest rate at which the loan is granted will be used as the reference year Euribor published by the Bank of Spain on the day of the month prior to publication of the notice, or, If the first following working day.
b) Fixed Waiting period: 3 years.
c) Period of return: 7 years.
d) Maximum Amortization period: 10 years.
4. Payment of ERDF aid will be made in formalizing without physical outflow of funds applied to repayment of the repayable advance. The interest rate is 0% and the maximum repayment term of four years and, in any case, to December 31, 2023.
If the ERDF funds received by the State were not sufficient to repay funds advanced to the beneficiary, it will enter the difference to the Treasury.
5. The ERDF contribution can be 85% in the autonomous community of Canarias; 80% in the regions of Andalusia, Asturias, Castilla-La Mancha, Ceuta, Extremadura, Galicia, Melilla and Murcia; and 50% in the regions of Aragon, the Balearic Islands, Cantabria, Castile and Leon, Catalonia, Valencia, La Rioja, Madrid, Navarre and the Basque Country.
Amount and intensity of the aid.
1. The individual amounts of aid will be determined based on the actual eligible cost of the project, the characteristics of the beneficiary and the available budget within the limits of aid intensity in gross grant equivalent terms set out in Article 40 of the Order ECC / 1780/2013 of 30 September.
2. The business and fundable project budget will be limited to a maximum of 15 million euros.
3. The determination of the specific aid granted to each beneficiary will be based on the following criteria:
a) The entities belonging to the public sector will receive aid in the form of grant. Public Universities and Public Research Organisations defined in Article 47 of Law 14/2011, of June 1, will receive aid in the form of
grant and in the form of advances repayable ERDF.
b) private research bodies in the sense expressed in Article 4.1 e), f) and g) and receive help in the form of grant.
c) Companies in the private sector can only help in the form of loans, with the exception referred to in Article 9.2 for 2016. The maximum amount of the loan may cover up to 95% of eligible project costs,
within the limits of aid intensity set out in paragraph 4.
4. The maximum aid intensity for companies established in accordance with Article 25 of Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 with, depends on their classification:
1st For small businesses, the maximum aid intensity is 60%
2nd For midsize companies, the maximum aid intensity is 50%
3rd For large enterprises, the maximum aid intensity is 40%
d) sectoral business associations receive aid in the form of loan.
The maximum loan amount may cover up to 95% of eligible project costs, respecting the aid intensities set out in paragraph c).
e) For public sector enterprises, whatever their legal status, the aid intensity will be 40%.
5. The maximum aid intensity for research organizations in the sense expressed in Article 4.1 a) to g) may be up to 100% provided that where those bodies carry out economic and non-economic activities, have an accounting system which permits clearly distinguish between the two kinds of activities and their costs and funding.
To do this, beneficiaries must declare in accordance participation accompanying the application for aid if they have such accounts.
Application date: Until March 7, 2016.