The purpose of this Act is to regulate the granting of subsidies to companies making investments in the field of the Basque Country, for the protection of the environment. These grants will be adjusted to the conditions and limitations contained in the Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 of the Commission of 17 June 2014 laying down certain categories of aid compatible with the common market in application of Articles declared 107 and 108 of the Treaty (OJ L 187 of 26 June 2014).
Under this scheme, they may be granted:
1. Aid for investments that allow to go beyond EU standards for environmental protection or increase the level of environmental protection in the absence of Union rules.
2. Aid for early adaptation to future EU standards.
3. Aid for environmental studies.
4. Environmental investment aid for recycling and reuse of waste, if the following conditions are satisfied:
a) The investment is intended to reduce the waste generated by other companies.
b) In other circumstances, recycled or reused materials treated would be eliminated or treated less respectfully with the environment.
c) The aid does not release people indirectly responsible for the pollution of a load that must be borne by those under the laws of the Union, or a burden that should be considered a normal business cost.
d) The investment does not merely increase demand for recycled materials without increasing collection of those materials.
e) The investment goes beyond the current state of the art.
5. Aid for the remediation of contaminated sites when you can not identify the person responsible for the pollution or can not be legally held responsible for finance the rehabilitation in accordance with the principle ‘the polluter pays’.
6. Aid to SMEs for advisory services in the field of environment.
Amount of aid:
Investment aid enabling go beyond EU standards for environmental protection or increase the level of environmental protection in the absence of Union rules. Up to 60%.
Aid for early adaptation to future standards of the Union:
– If the implementation and completion of the investment take place more than three years before the date of entry into force of the new EU standard. Up to 20%.
– If the implementation and completion of the investment take place between 1 and 3 years before the entry into force of the rules. Up to 10%.
Aid for environmental studies. Up to 70%.
Aid for waste recycling and reuse. Up to 55%.
Aid for the remediation of contaminated sites. Up to 100%.
Aid to SMEs to external consultancy services in the environmental field (it refers to any type of external consultancy). Up to 50%.
Date of application: Until February 4, 2016.